Re: Webcam HOWTO

Tuukka Toivonen (tuukkat@xxxxxxxxxx):

> I'm not pushing qc-usb for inclusion into kernel (and even less
> qce-ga) because it does format conversions which isn't allowed. But
> without that we wouldn't have application support.

  Are you trying to help applications support for the camera's native
format?  Have any applications added support?

  By your tone it sounds like you're annoyed.  I thought the idea was to
move towards decoder libraries for applications though, rather than
having every webcam driver do expensive format versions in kernel space.
How far are we from this goal, are we moving at all?

  -Billy