Webcam HOWTO

Hello all,

I have written the first draft of a Webcam HOWTO for the Linux
Documentation Project that will try to tackle hardware and configuration issues of webcam devices under linux. It includes the basics of enabling support for USB and non-USB webcams, and brief info on frame-grabbing applications. Some of the info was adapted from my previously completed Scanner-HOWTO. There are already BTTV, Framebuffer and USB-Digital-Camera HOWTOs so I won't be covering those.

I'm interested in any input you all can give me, particularly brief
notes that detail what it took to get your particular type
of hardware working, or any corrections you think will improve the
technical content or readability of the document. Those who contribute useful info will be referenced where appropriate if they so desire.

The draft is at the following site:

http://hshanemd.net/docs/HOWTOS/Webcam/index.html

Thanks!
hs