Re: Re: saa7134 Still No Sound - Bug?

> There are two possible sources for sound.  One is the tuner chip which
> provides mono sound, the other one is the saa7134's internal TV sound
> decoder.  The saa7134 can be switched to three different audio inputs:
>
> TV - that is the internal TV sound decoder.  Can handle FM-stereo +
> NICAM, i.e. it gives you stereo sound (if it is working).
> LINE1 - external input #1, usually connected to the external line-in
> jack of the TV card.
> LINE2 - external input #2, usually connected to the tuner's sound
> output.
>
> TV input uses "TV", radio uses "LINE2".  The tuner also gives a mono
> sound signal for TV stations.  Starting the radio app makes the driver
> switch to LINE2, thats why you get (mono) sound then even for TV
> stations.
>
> Adding a section like this one ...
>
> /* workaround for problems with normal TV sound */
> name: "TV (mono only)",
> vmux: 1,
> amux: LINE2,
> tv:   1,
>
> ... to your card in saa7134-cards.c can be used to get the same effect
> without fiddeling with the radio application.

Ok.  With my sound problem I did this and it had no effect.  The only way I
can get sound to come out is directly via the output jack on the flyvideo
card and only by starting the radio program up??

I made a further observation:
1. Starting xawtv (flyvideo3000) under gnome window manager there is no
sound
2. Starting xawtv (flyvideo3000) under straight X (# X & export
DISPLAY=localhost:0.0; sleep 2; xawtv) there is no sound.
2. Starting the radio turns on the sound (out of the audio jack)
3. Changing the channel turns the sound back off
4. Switching to command line session (CTRL-ALT-F1) leaves sound on, but
switching back to GUI (CTRL-ALT-F7) turns sound off.  This is all sound
coming directly out of the FlyVideo audio jack.
5. insmod saa7314 card=3 (for flyvideo2000 when I have flyvideo3000) turns
the sound on immediately in the same fashion as starting "radio" but
starting xawtv returns static and untunable channels.

--Geoff