Re: Re: saa7134 Still No Sound - Bug?

David and List,

It turns out my saa7134 fixes and unfixes itself with no ryhm or reason.  It
is unfixed (sound not working) again.  I am trying many combinations.
Update:

1. I have moved the position my PCI cards to see if I could remove the joint
interrupt situation.  It did change the interrupt allocation.  The saa7134
is now has its own dedicated interrupt #9.  It did not solve the "no sound
on startup or channel change" problem.

# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:     293255          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       2554          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:          4          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, eth1
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          3          XT-PIC  saa7134[0]
 10:       4255          XT-PIC  eth2
 11:       6910          XT-PIC  ide2, ide3, eth0
 12:         56          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:       6831          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         34          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:     293503
ERR:        321
MIS:          0

2.  xmms (audio/mp3 player) does not work unless es1371 is installed before
saa7134.  But when I have had saa7134 + flyvideo 3000 card working xmms also
worked fine.  Ie.  Mixer was mixing sound.

3.  I just tried outputing xmms sound from the sound card into the FlyVideo
"Audio IN" jack card and connecting my speakers to the FlyVideo "Audio OUT"
jack.  I could not get sound to flow through the card (not that it is meant
to, I am not sure, just curious to see if audio was in flow through state)
no matter what combinations of mixer options and and FlyVideo Input Source I
picked.  Still no luck.

4. I am still VERY curious why starting the radio triggers the sound to work
for the TV??  Is there source code that can be moved from the saa7134-radio
to the saa-7134 video that might be able to be executed upon video start up
and channel changing?  Just curious if it might work like that?

--Geoff