Re: Re: saa7134 Still No Sound - Bug?

Geoff,

I'm sorry to hear that the problem has fixed itself ;) - I *still* have
this problem, almost exactly as you describe, although rather than silence
I get white noise (static). Shuffling the frequency in motv up a bit (with
right arrow) until the signal is lost and then back down to the proper
freq. often results in working sound (but not always). I tried your
'radio' workaround and it works fine - running 'radio' always makes the
sound turn on properly (although it's incredibly quiet and I can't find a
way to bring the level back up to normal - I've played with every slider I
can find in mixer programs). Same problem with xawtv and anything else I
can record with (like mp1e and vcr - which oddly records everything upside
down and mirrored now for some reason - never used to... :( )

I'd love to see this problem fixed, because it's stopping me from making
reliable timed recordings (a half hour of static in the audio channel
tends to ruin any recording - although now I can use the radio workaround
and at least have very quiet audio),

I have also noticed that version 0.1.8 has introduced a strange visual
effect on the picture - I get the picture divided into about 16 horizonal
bars, of equal width. Every 'other' (alternate) bar has some kind of odd
corruption to it that is just like trying to look through that 'gnarled'
glass people use on bathroom windows... also, horizontally long but
vertically very thin (1 pixel?) black lines fly all over the place when
there is substantial movement on-screen - nothing to do with
interlacing AFAICT, but I might be wrong - perhaps it's due to resizing
the display?

Anywhere I can send screenshots?

I have a FlyVideo 3000FM card, Debian 2.4.19-pre8, AMD Athlon 1.2GHz,
512MB RAM.

Cheers,
Dave.