Re: New card Medion md2819 starts working

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 01:22:08AM +0200, yeah@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> But your opinion seems to be that it will be useless anyway, and
> that it won't work on my system?

Yes, the 0.2.9 drivers won't work on 2.4.20, according to this blurb
from http://bytesex.org/v4l/build.html :

> Note: for the latest driver snapshots you need cutting edge
> 2.4.22-pre / 2.6.0-testx kernel patches.

But like Hermann said, it shouldn't be a problem to get it working in
0.2.8, which works with 2.4.20.

> It's too bad that Medion did not put ready-to-use Linux drivers on the
> CDROM, like they do for "that other operating system". Or at least clear
> step-by-step installation instructions. Linux users have a long time to
> go without proper support from hardware vendors, I guess :(

Oh well, it's not all bad. Philips is pretty forthcoming with
specifications, and at least it's working now :)
The patches / new drivers will trickle into the stock kernels and
distribution kernels in a while, and then the card should be supported
out of the box in newer distributions.

Marcel