Re: Newbie problems: SAA7134 (some progress made)

on 09-10-2003 17:26, yeah@xxxxxxxxxxxx at yeah@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello Wieslaw and Hermann. Thanks to you guys, some progress has been
> made :)

> No, it looks sort of similar but it is a positively a very different

> You can still see clearly how the card has AverMedia printed on it
> (bottom of the picture, upside down).
Base panel is made by AverMedia, all assembled by Medion.

> The tuner is Philips FM1216ME. I have printed "7134" on the JPG picture,
> where I found the main chip.
TUNER_PHILIPS_FM1216ME_MK3  38
9 -> Medion 5044
 Try to set :
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 saa7134
> options saa7134 card=9 tuner=38
> options tuner=38
> ... because I found "38" for the tuner on
> <http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/BttvPage>.
That's right.
> I cannot find my actual card there, so I sticked to the value of "6" (for
Avermedia TVPhone).
That is not right (TVPhone is on bttv chip - card numbers from this site are
not for saa7134).
Try 9 as above.
Maybe it is Medion 5044 and 2819 10/03 is only serial number or something
like that - maybe these are some twin (or almost) constructions?

Check "lspci" command and report here what it says about multimedia devices.
With drivers loaded and not.
Last one  - send description of chipset - I mean write all digit arrays "as
they are".
If you are enough passion you can make a picture of reverse and add handly
all numbers what you find on both sides - on both pictures (avers and
revers) - then send me photos.
I am sorry I did not see that type of card (I never was interested to be any
expert ;)) but maybe with all informations we will be able to guess - what
the hell is this.