Re: Newbie problems: SAA7134 (some progress made)

Es schrieb Wieslaw Kierbedz:

> on 09-10-2003 17:26, yeah@xxxxxxxxxxxx at yeah@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Hello Wieslaw and Hermann. Thanks to you guys, some progress has been
> > made :)
>
> > No, it looks sort of similar but it is a positively a very different
>
> > You can still see clearly how the card has AverMedia printed on it
> > (bottom of the picture, upside down).
> Base panel is made by AverMedia, all assembled by Medion.
>
> > The tuner is Philips FM1216ME. I have printed "7134" on the JPG picture,
> > where I found the main chip.
> TUNER_PHILIPS_FM1216ME_MK3  38
> 9 -> Medion 5044
>  Try to set :
> > alias char-major-81 videodev
> > alias char-major-81-0 saa7134
> > options saa7134 card=9 tuner=38
> > options tuner=38
> > ... because I found "38" for the tuner on
> > <http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/BttvPage>.
> That's right.
> > I cannot find my actual card there, so I sticked to the value of "6" (for
> Avermedia TVPhone).
> That is not right (TVPhone is on bttv chip - card numbers from this site are
> not for saa7134).
> Try 9 as above.
> Maybe it is Medion 5044 and 2819 10/03 is only serial number or something
> like that - maybe these are some twin (or almost) constructions?
>
> Check "lspci" command and report here what it says about multimedia devices.
> With drivers loaded and not.
> Last one  - send description of chipset - I mean write all digit arrays "as
> they are".
> If you are enough passion you can make a picture of reverse and add handly
> all numbers what you find on both sides - on both pictures (avers and
> revers) - then send me photos.
> I am sorry I did not see that type of card (I never was interested to be any
> expert ;)) but maybe with all informations we will be able to guess - what
> the hell is this.
> > --

Hi,

googled around a little and it definitely is a new card. The funny thing
is, that you Wieslaw and Tuukka already met a user from Austria at the
mplayer-users-list with a md2819 around August 20 :) Even the bttv card
numbers at freevo are wrong for saa7134 the mk3 tuner=38 in this case is
identic. For an tuner=5 (FM1216/I hm on md9717) it is too short. With
the picture from Olav I can't decide if it is for sure some FM1216ME/
H-3, which is found on the md7134 combo, card=12 tuner=38. That card
values I would recommend for test too, the settings are nearly identic
as for the md5044, eventually the audio clock value must be changed.
Olav can you please tell the complete values on the tuner, especially
what is written on the line with FM1216 to make that sure. A scanner is
also a good tool to get pictures from cards. The remote will bring fun
too ;)

Hermann