Re: Newbie problems: SAA7134 (some progress made)

Es schrieb "yeah@xxxxxxxxxxxx":

> It's nice to know I'm not alone :)
>
> Today another "cheapskate" from the Netherlands has joined us, who also
> buys his computer gear at Aldi :)
>
> Op vr 10-10-2003, om 00:29 schreef Marcel Moreaux:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 12:26:12AM +0200, hermann pitton wrote:
> > > the picture from Olav I can't decide if it is for sure some FM1216ME/
> > > H-3, which is found on the md7134 combo, card=12 tuner=38. That card
> > > values I would recommend for test too, the settings are nearly identic
> > > as for the md5044, eventually the audio clock value must be changed.
> >
> > With card=12, I get no sound whatsoever, while with card=9, at least I
> > get static. With card=12, the "audio carrier scan failed" messages also
> > continue.

That doesn't harm, because the default value of 5500 is correct.
Whith card=9 you get an additional input tv-mono-only. Try to switch to
that too.

> I have also tried card=9, like you said, and I get the same results.
>
> Pictures, whoohoo! :)
>
> > > Olav can you please tell the complete values on the tuner, especially
> > > what is written on the line with FM1216 to make that sure. A scanner is
> > > also a good tool to get pictures from cards.
> >
> > http://gemini.luon.net/~marcelm/md2819/chip.jpg
>
> You did a good job making all those pictures!
>
> > This picture shows three of the chips in detail. The fourth chip -
> > closer to the connections - isn't on the picture, but I've written down
> > the numbers on it:
> >
> >   HEF4052BT
> >   AE571 07
> >   Un0325 6
> >
> > > The remote will bring fun too ;)
> >
> > Definitely, but if it can be made to work, it won't use a serial port,
> > which is a plus.
> >
> > But the audio is more important to me now :)
>
> I second that.
>
> But we are on the right track!
>
> Can you let us know when you find out how to do the audio?

The thing is that I can't find out it, because I don't have this card.
Marcel can try on test6 with saa7134-20030910 card=12 again. That uses
the other audio clock value. Make sure you remove all duplicated modules
in .../media/video and to load the new *.ko modules from /test6/v4l2. It
is only a guess. Otherwise someone must find out, how it is connected as
described in add-new-cards.txt. The eeprom readout shows it is a new
card.

Greetings

Hermann