Re: New card Medion md2819 starts working - was - Re: Newbie problems: SAA7134 (some progress made)

Hi Hermann, Marcel, Olav and anybody (is that some list in list) :D.

Myself I use FV3k and I am really not programmer.
Therefore I did not write.
I've some similar experiences about overlay option in xawtv.
I've got best results with grabdisplay mode and xawtv started with -noxv option - on some bt boards I saw contrary results - I mean you should to find the best combination of display and v4l mode. Some may use some more of system resources but middle class hardware should make it easily.

A little off topic: really best performance and quality I've got just with 2.6 kernel.
Regards

Uz.ytkownik hermann pitton napisa?:
Es schrieb Marcel Moreaux:

Overlay doesn't behave as nicely as it should here; when I move the
window, the video stays at it's original position and only moves when I
release the mouse button. Also "fullscreen" in xawtv only gives me a
1/3rd size video image on an otherwise black screen.

I experienced the same problem with the Pinnacle PCTV Pro (bt878), so
I'm assuming it's a v4l2 problem that's not related to this driver.
Perhaps it's my XFree86 (4.2.1).