SAA7134-20030724-SNAPSHOT - was Re: SAA7134 Sound disappeared

Es schrieb hermann pitton:

> Es schrieb Tim Connors:

[snip]

> > In 0.2.8, the timing seems worse, so that muting upon channel changing
> > happens after the channel has already changed, and the sounds has alreday
> > gone through its stabalisation period. Rather a waste muting it after,
> > because then I just have to put up with the ~1 second wait before I get
> > sound again.
> >

> Seems that is the small price we pay for now to have get language
> switching :)

With the above snapshot on my card (md9717) this is well adjusted again.

> > Incidentally, a couple of days ago, I found out about the oss=1 dsp_nr=1
> > option, but haven't gotten this to work. I get the video volume slider in
> > mixers, but it does nothing, and if I unplug the loopback cable, I get
> > nothing - it is all still coming though line-in only.
> >

> It looks like the other mixers "steel" the capture flag from the saa7134
> mixer.
> Closing all mixers and unloading all sound modules and putting oss=1
> dsp_nr=0 mixer_nr=0 oos_debug=1 to the saa7134 will give a first proof,
> that this is not a phantom in userland. (Taking also care of
> autoreloaded modules.)
>
> With audacity at 32000 Hz (48000 is not ready for our chip), setting the
> volume with v4lctl to 90% after "volume mute off", I did nice recordings
> with definitly no audio cables connected, but I'm not finally through,
> how to set this for daily use, trying on the 2.6.0-test1-ac2 with the
> kraxelpatch for test1 ;)

The saa7134 oss dsp and mixer now peacefully coexists with my two other
sound devices and mixers. With nvrec (divx4rec) I directly record from
the saa7134 adjusting the values something like "divx4rec -D -vb 1800
-ab 128 -d /dev/dsp2 -r 32000 -s -o pcisound-out.avi".
The file can be played back during recording with xine (timeshift 1
second, or what I have free on disk delay) on a audio device of my
choice and all over the net with nfs mounts. So that's now about daily
use :)

Hermann

--
p.s. The saa7134 mixer doesn't show up in kmix, but in
gnome-volume-control and "xmixer -device /dev/mixerX" on RH-9 with