Re: SAA7134 Sound disappeared

Es schrieb Tim Connors:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Rob Nielsen wrote:
>
> > Christian Hack wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm in Brisbane :)
> > >
> > I'm in Cooroy (Sunshine Coast) :)
>
> I am (fortunately) no longer in Caloundra :)

I am on the opposite site of the planet :)

> > > I'm currently trying to get a SAA7134 programming manual through some
> > > contacts of mine (I'm an electrical engineer). If I could just get this
> > > little prob sorted I'd be so happy.
> >
> > That'd be great.  My wife is getting a bit annoyed :)  Trouble is that
> > we seem to be the only ones with the problem so it might be specific to
> > the Flyvideo 3000 (or even the PAL BG/DK version of the Flyvideo)
>
> Mine (same board) will mute sometimes when changing channels, but more
> often than not, works fine. I just choose the same channel again, until
> the sound comes back. Note that I had to choose the 5.5 (?) MHz carrier
> manually at module load time, and even then, sometimes it doesn't seem to
> lock, and I get hash.

Mine (md9717) also sometimes mutes, but to get hash with the same tuner,
I must send it manually to nowhereland here on cable and if the audio
carrier scan fails (quite often), it uses by default 5.5 MHz.

> In 0.2.8, the timing seems worse, so that muting upon channel changing
> happens after the channel has already changed, and the sounds has alreday
> gone through its stabalisation period. Rather a waste muting it after,
> because then I just have to put up with the ~1 second wait before I get
> sound again.

Seems that is the small price we pay for now to have get language
switching :)

> Incidentally, a couple of days ago, I found out about the oss=1 dsp_nr=1
> option, but haven't gotten this to work. I get the video volume slider in
> mixers, but it does nothing, and if I unplug the loopback cable, I get
> nothing - it is all still coming though line-in only.

It looks like the other mixers "steel" the capture flag from the saa7134
mixer.
Closing all mixers and unloading all sound modules and putting oss=1
dsp_nr=0 mixer_nr=0 oos_debug=1 to the saa7134 will give a first proof,
that this is not a phantom in userland. (Taking also care of
autoreloaded modules.)

With audacity at 32000 Hz (48000 is not ready for our chip), setting the
volume with v4lctl to 90% after "volume mute off", I did nice recordings
with definitly no audio cables connected, but I'm not finally through,
how to set this for daily use, trying on the 2.6.0-test1-ac2 with the
kraxelpatch for test1 ;)

Greetings

Hermann