Re: SAA7134 Sound disappeared

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Rob Nielsen wrote:

> Christian Hack wrote:
> >
> > I'm in Brisbane :)
> >
> I'm in Cooroy (Sunshine Coast) :)

I am (fortunately) no longer in Caloundra :)

> > I'm currently trying to get a SAA7134 programming manual through some
> > contacts of mine (I'm an electrical engineer). If I could just get this
> > little prob sorted I'd be so happy.
>
> That'd be great.  My wife is getting a bit annoyed :)  Trouble is that
> we seem to be the only ones with the problem so it might be specific to
> the Flyvideo 3000 (or even the PAL BG/DK version of the Flyvideo)

Mine (same board) will mute sometimes when changing channels, but more
often than not, works fine. I just choose the same channel again, until
the sound comes back. Note that I had to choose the 5.5 (?) MHz carrier
manually at module load time, and even then, sometimes it doesn't seem to
lock, and I get hash.

In 0.2.8, the timing seems worse, so that muting upon channel changing
happens after the channel has already changed, and the sounds has alreday
gone through its stabalisation period. Rather a waste muting it after,
because then I just have to put up with the ~1 second wait before I get
sound again.

Incidentally, a couple of days ago, I found out about the oss=1 dsp_nr=1
option, but haven't gotten this to work. I get the video volume slider in
mixers, but it does nothing, and if I unplug the loopback cable, I get
nothing - it is all still coming though line-in only.

We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
       -- Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall