RE: SAA7134 Sound disappeared

Mine's definitely still got the multiple volume levels bug. However,
this _could_ be due to something external to the driver setting the
volume incorrectly. The way I currently understand it, saa7134 is a V4L2
driver and Myth only supports V4L(1). Thus the V4L2 saa7134 driver is
working through some sort of compatibility layer (module is v4l2-compat
I guess) and that _might_ be where things go screwy

I have hardcoded a volume level of "2" into my driver which seems like a
reasonable volume and when it normally works 2 is what I see in the
debug logs. I had it go very quiet second go after hard coding mute off
(according to debug messages it was a volume level of -14). Even after
restarting live Tvmore than 10 times in Myth it remained on -14 and very
quiet.

In the latest snapshot of 24072003 line 1061 of saa7134-video.c:

	case V4L2_CID_AUDIO_VOLUME:
		dev->ctl_volume = c->value;
		saa7134_tvaudio_setvolume(dev,dev->ctl_volume);
		break;

I simply changed to

	case V4L2_CID_AUDIO_VOLUME:
		dev->ctl_volume = 2;
		saa7134_tvaudio_setvolume(dev,dev->ctl_volume);
		break;

And that seems to work OK. Of course it's not a proper fix, but without
any doco, I think this is the best I can do for now. I use Myth's output
for volume control rather than the recording input which should always
remain constant.

Christian