Re: NTSC capture card recomendation

alsa@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

So, the card is not suported by Linux for now  (support in ATI says, that
documentation will come very soon, they are preparing it just now).
Basic features: noises are less than 70db(!!!): 12 bit(input) ADC (8bit
output to bus). And, it seems, that the

Don't hold your breath. I read the gatos list and ATI isn't the best when to provideing documentation. Plus the gatos drivers don't really work with v4l apps.

The tool used is professional (certified) one. If all the drivers for
cards like CX or ATI will come working, people will rewrite the software for
Linux.

Must be nice. The ATI drivers for my All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500 sucked. They only provide wdm drivers which means you have to use the w4l->wdm wrappers to make virtualDub see the device. I did manage to capture video under win2000 but it would sometimes do really flaky things.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx