Re: Questions about Saa7134 drivers

Ralph Metzler wrote:
>  Gerd Knorr writes:
>  > Andreas Fuchs (antifuchs) wrote:
>  > >  Interesting. Do all cards have those? Do you have a list of chips/cards
>  > >  which support this?
>  >
>  > There is a enginering sample from philips (the "EMPRESS") with a mpeg
>  > encoder chip.  Recently i've read in the german computer mag c't that
>  > KNC One has a saa7134-based card with digital tv (dvb) support, I expect
>  > they use the TS xfer feature too for the mpeg stream.
>
>  No, the KNC One DVB card uses the SAA7146 and it already supported by our
>  DVB driver, including the analog-in part.

Ah, ok.  I've probably mixed up the numbers on the quick scan ...

>  The SAA7134 would make more sense to use since the SAA7146 does not
>  have a real TS xfer mode and needs an additional TV decoder (SAA7113)
>  for the analog input.

Exactly that's why I expect tv cards which support both analog tv and
dvb based on the saa7134 will be available some day.

>  Maybe those old parts together are cheaper than the SAA7134?

Maybe.

  Gerd

--
You can't please everybody.  And usually if you _try_ to please
everybody, the end result is one big mess.