Re: Re: Questions about Saa7134 drivers

According to Gerd Knorr:
> vbi -- vertical blank intervall, i.e. where teletext data is sent.

There is a test-vbi script in the distribution. Are efforts under
way to complete support for it? Is there anything I could do to help?

> TS -- mpeg transport stream transfer.  That is working.  Requires some
> additional chip which provides the mpeg data (encoder chip, dvb,
> whatever) through.

Interesting. Do all cards have those? Do you have a list of chips/cards
which support this?

> >  * Do the capturing programs I know work fine with the saa drivers?
> >  Like zapping, kwintv, avicap, dvr,xawtv?
>
> It is the same API (that is the whole point of v4l ...).  Thus it should
> work.  The actual driver behaviour is very close to bttv 0.8.x, in fact
> some code for video buffer management (video-buf.o module) us shared
> between bttv 0.8.x and saa7134.

Interesting... so, nuppelvideo could work (-:

Another question from me:
will the driver be integrated into the 2.4.x kernels or will it
only go in the 2.5 series?

Thanks,
Andreas.