Re: Questions about Saa7134 drivers

Andreas Fuchs (antifuchs) wrote:
>  According to Gerd Knorr:
> > vbi -- vertical blank intervall, i.e. where teletext data is sent.
>
>  There is a test-vbi script in the distribution. Are efforts under
>  way to complete support for it? Is there anything I could do to help?

Debug it ...
libzvbi can decode the data, but it works not as good as with bttv.
Not sure why.  The saa7134 has another sample frequency, maybe the
algorithms in libzvbi need some fine-tuning.

>  Interesting. Do all cards have those? Do you have a list of chips/cards
>  which support this?

There is a enginering sample from philips (the "EMPRESS") with a mpeg
encoder chip.  Recently i've read in the german computer mag c't that
KNC One has a saa7134-based card with digital tv (dvb) support, I expect
they use the TS xfer feature too for the mpeg stream.

>  will the driver be integrated into the 2.4.x kernels or will it
>  only go in the 2.5 series?

Probably 2.5.x only.

  Gerd

--
You can't please everybody.  And usually if you _try_ to please
everybody, the end result is one big mess.