Re: Webcam HOWTO

Tuukka Toivonen wrote:

Sorry to complain about this small detail, but...

It isn't a complaint if it improves the accuracy of the document. :^)

Actually, qce-ga and qc-usb have officially both the same homepage

Fixed.

This is true, but there's is a fix for this, as explained in third
answer here: http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/quickcam/FAQ

I think I cleared that up, please check the section again to see if you
agree.

", so consider changing kernel packages "

Sorry, I'm used to debian where kernel packages can be swapped with dpkg
or apt. I rewrote the section to be less confusing.

Both qce-ga and qc-usb are standalone drivers which do not need or generally even can be patched against the kernel. So this should be
changed

I _think_ I modified the statement correctly, please check it out and
let me know if it is correct as written.

http://hshanemd.net/docs/HOWTOS/Webcam/devices.html

In the Philips webcam section you mention that it supports e.g. "3000
and 4000 Pro, Notebook Pro, and Zoom"... you should insert "Logitech"
in front

Done.

it might be worthy to mention in the Logitech camera section that
some models are supported by the Philips driver.

Added, thanks.

Thanks for the input.
hs