Re: driver development

> You could just as well give up then. :). You need product datasheets for
> this. You could reverse engineer parts of it, but not in 7 days.

Can you be any more specific?  I'll try and get the info.  Does my boss have a
legitimate concern not wanting to make this info available?

> Tell him you'll move to another chip manufacturer if he doesn't give
> them (datasheets) out, possibly under NDA, and you might have a chance.

I work for the camera manufacturer.  It's my company that stands to lose out
if our customer can't get the linux driver from us :).

> Also, don't forget most Linux programmers will prefer open source
> drivers, so if you want closed-source drivers, you'll lose quite some
> interested developers, too...

I know.  I want it to be open source.  I actually have nothing to do with this
sale.  I'm lowly tech support.  :) The only reason I'm being consulted at all
is because I happen to run linux on my laptop and home computer so I know a
little about it.  I'm trying to get the company to release it as open source,
but it needs to be written first.  Also, keep in mind this is a paying job so
that might pique some people's interest.

--
Michael Molino
973-769-0994