Re: driver development

Michael Molino wrote:

hi michael,

this reply wont help your current state, but maybe your future.

i've been writing unix drivers for years, but have yet to
do my first linux driver. naturally linux is much like unix,
but some differences.

i have an interest in your project, clearly the 7 days is history, but
if
you have an interest, i would consider writing such a driver for linux.

i am fully employed at a major san vendor, but crave to return to
writing drivers. i could use this project to bootstrap me
in that direction while providing you  a future solution.

as you've learned, drivers are very technical and cant be done in a
vacuum.

regardless, i've worked with other limitations when i was at sco.

that is the Old SCO not the current insane group.

anyway, let me know if there remains any interst in this notion.

i will also say that in addition to the kernel to hw direction, some
knowledge of what your customer wants to use this with is also required.
that is, what ever app they are going to use will require some api's
that must be defined and developed.

let me know, jackc...