Re: SAA7133/7134 FV3K

Hermann,

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 15:36, hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi,
> There is work on that and the chip is state of the art, guess Gerd has
> the audio on his Proteus-reference-saa7133 with an fm1216 Pal tuner?
> (See bttv-gallery).

I don't see this card listed in the saa7134 CARDLIST file?

> No idea in userland, if this is a special stereo-ntsc-audio problem with
> that chip!
> Otherwise I saw, how the saa7130 users solved their problem after a
> period of weirdness.
> What you get for this "dsp access wait time out [bit=WRR]", when the
> tuner is loaded? On known cards should be a audiocarrier detected and if
> not a default value for it is set, but that saa7133 card has no PCI_ID
> and no other defaults.
> You must found them first.
> Guess the FV tuners are black boxes and the FV2K settings for tuner=39
> seem not to work on a first attempt (very good picture :). So if that is
> not senseless in that case (no stereo-ntsc-audio works at all yet)
> "add-new-cards.txt" says shuffle around the settings. Compare the eeprom
> outputs and isolate the tuner(s) and so on ... The infos are needed
> anyhow for a setup.

Which settings do you play around with?  The settings in
saa7134-cards.c?  Its not exactly clear what you have to change in order
to get various cards to work?  How am I even supposed to know what sort
of values to use for the gpio?  Is there some method of extracting these
values from the windows driver? (seemed like the person who got their
FV2K working did something like this).

> Jason, if you plug the audio from the vcr in the soundcard no sound?

If I plug the audio-out of the VCR into the soundcard, I do indeed get
sound.  On the other hand, if I plug into the line-in of the flyvideo,
and hook the line-out of the flyvideo into the line in of the sound
card, I get no sound.  Doesn't this imply that its not a tuner problem?

> Gerd for sure.
> It is the stereo version and has dma-audio and more intresting ... (4
> channel?)
> http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/pip/SAA7133.html

Whats the difference between the SAA7133 and the 7134?

Looking forward to getting this thing to work!
Jason