Re: Matrox Meteor 1 framegrabb into bmp

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 08:52, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>schnatte@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > Matlab supportes JPEG. But I want work with JPEG while to my
> > knowledge JPEG is compressed. Normal I want to work with bmp but
> > I heared it ist better with ppm. This is why I want to work with
> > it. Perhaps its false.
>
>I dont want to be rude, but your English is very hard to understand
>(although it is probably much better than my German!) It seemed you
> did *not* want JPEG *because* it is compressed. Right?
>
>If so, *why*? Non-compressed formats (or even expanded, if you use
>ascii) will exacerbate bandwidth problems. You must have a pretty
> good reason to reject compressed formats, but we still dont know
> what it is.

He probably wants to avoid the artifacts of re-expanding the jpeg.  I
don't blame him, they can get pretty ugly.  jpeg, IMO throws away too
much info.  I'd much rather the raw image was bz2'd to compress it.
But I do not know what file formats support that, if any.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M