Re: Multiplexing multiple video inputs

I've had these ideas... the genlocking is out as we need to use cameras already in place. Any ideas on the price of the 4BQ?

I have been thinking use a video mux, LM1881 to switch on vsync and feed to the same input.. maybe changing inputs is what takes so long.. it has to power the ADC down and up? I dunno...

Thanks for the ideas though, will let the list know if they work or are practical.

You could use a box like the EverPlex 4BQ that combines 4 video inputs
into one output with a picture in each quadrant. It's used in small
shops for security cameras.
Or you could genlock your cameras and switch them with a 4066 and a PIC
for a lot less.
It should not be too hard to program a PIC to switch inputs on vertical
sync.
Martin