Re: Multiplexing multiple video inputs

M B wrote:

> I am trying to switch quickly between inputs, but I think the 878 can't
> "lock on" to the new signal quickly enough, and sometimes messes up the sync
> when I swich too fast. I am thinking of using 4 LM1881 sync separators,
> connecting them to GPIO, and using them as external sync. Any idea if the
> 878 can use an external sync?
>
> I was looking at the Remote Vision card, and it has one 1881 on it.. any
> ideas what it is used for, and how this helps? Any thoughts appreciated!
You could use a box like the EverPlex 4BQ that combines 4 video inputs
into one output with a picture in each quadrant. It's used in small
shops for security cameras.
Or you could genlock your cameras and switch them with a 4066 and a PIC
for a lot less.
It should not be too hard to program a PIC to switch inputs on vertical
sync.
Martin