Re: Pinnacle PCTV pro - more info

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 01:37 pm, Barry wrote:
> I'm still working on the problem of the Pinnacle PCTVpro card not
> tuning under Linux and am looking for some more feedback. Basically,
> I think the problem is caused (at least partially) by the tuner.o
> module losing contact with the MT2032 tuner chip on the card. This
> occurs after any contact on the I2C bus with the TDA9886 chip also
> located on the card.

> If anyone has any suggestions on how contact can be re-established
> with the MT2032 I be very interested (FYI - even a 'shutdown -r'
> doesn't work, it needs to be a full power reset).

Just for all interested, I've verified that this happens also with the
plain Pinnacle PCTV with a TDA9885.

What seems to happen here is that if I load the tuner module forced to
type=33 and then load bttv, I can (sort of) control the MT2032 (it
changes channels, but they don't come in right and I don't alway get
audio, etc, etc).

If I then load the tda9887, it seems to keep working. However, if I then
unload everything and load tuner and bttv again, I can no longer get
the tuner to respond.

The only way I've talked to the TDA is by loading the tda9887.o module
-- which looking at what that module does, might not be doing the wrong
thing for me anyway, since it seems to be trying to set a PAL mode, but
I need NTSC.

--
Wesley J. Landaker - wjl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
OpenPGP FP: C99E DF40 54F6 B625 FD48  B509 A3DE 8D79 541F F830