Pinnacle PCTV pro - more info

Hi,

I'm still working on the problem of the Pinnacle PCTVpro card not tuning under
Linux and am looking for some more feedback. Basically, I think the problem
is caused (at least partially) by the tuner.o module losing contact with the
MT2032 tuner chip on the card. This occurs after any contact on the I2C bus
with the TDA9886 chip also located on the card.

If anyone has any suggestions on how contact can be re-established with the
MT2032 I be very interested (FYI - even a 'shutdown -r' doesn't work, it
needs to be a full power reset).

I'm guessing there's some way to reset the communication with the chip as the
card works fine under Windows. Alternatively, is there any utility for
monitoring what is going on on the I2C bus under Windows or does anyone know
of good technical documentation for this TV card?

Regards, Barry.