Re: Re: VS: OT? deinterlacing

Mike Frisch wrote:

I believe the original poster is referring to the DScaler project
(http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/).  No special camera required.
This application for Win32 does just what the original poster wants.
It's essentially a line-doubler (or multiplier) similar to what
standalone devices in home theaters and such do.

The problems with porting descaler to linux would be the different driver interface, maybe a different module interface (different deinterlace modules exist for different material; film, sport, video etc.), the different gui, and making the assembler code compile using gnu assembler tools.

But it would be very nice to have descaler available under linux. I cannot wait to ditch win2000 for my HTPC.

--
-Torgeir