OT? deinterlacing

Hallo all,

I'm not sure whether my question is appropriate here, maybe somone can help?

Is there any way to deinterlace the TV picture? I've found a software like
this for Windows and it's GNU, I think that they don't have no one to port it
to linux. It can be found at http://www.dscaler.org . This software will
deinterlace the TV picture on the fly. Do the interlace lines come from the
Xserver or from the bttv drivers/tvsoftware? I mean, that e.g. on Windows
there are interlace lines, too, but less visible when using TV software. I
only know two programs which can reduce interlacing and improve the picture
quality. Unfortunatly both of them are currently only available for windows.
Is there any similar software for Linux available? I'm using kernel 2.2.19
and kwintv.

Thanx in advance

Andreas