VS: OT? deinterlacing

> Is there any way to deinterlace the TV picture? I've found a
> software like
> this for Windows and it's GNU, I think that they don't have no
> one to port it

The interlace effect comes from the fact that each frame is sent
in two fields, even and odd. Normal video cameras sample the image
twice for each frame. So, object moving in the image has moved
between these fields and this causes 'comb' artifacts. TV-studios
use more expensive cameras that sample the whole frame just once
and therefore you do not see any combing. You have to buy this
type of camera, I think. Or grab every second field and strech
2x in Y-direction, which is ugly.

    jonk