Re: MSP3451G-A2 sound chip disappeared?

>  I changed the card to another PCI slot and it worked again.
>
>  Maybe you can tell me, do the PCI slots differ technically in general,
>  so I have to pick a certain slot in the future whenever I buy new
>  hardware, or are the changes that I have a broken slot?

There are motherboards which have some non-dma-able PCI slots.  Not sure
whenever this is still true for today's new hardware.  But I'd expect
video not working (pci-pci dma xfer) if you plug a bttv card into such a
slot...

To me it looks more like a broken slot or some obscure bus timing issue.

  Gerd

--
Damn lot people confuse usability and eye-candy.