Re: I throw myself upon your collective mercies ...

David Terence Jones wrote:

> > Try connect a VCR/camera to the composite port, and see if that works.
> > If it does, it is the tuner setting - try other type= parameters.  If
> > not, then for some reason your card setting is _not_ compatible, in
> > which case you would have to start hacking.
> >
> > If you are in the Pretoria area, I would be glad to help you, otherwise
> > just read all the FAQs you can lay your hands on (I seem to remember a
> > good one somewhere on www.bytesex.org...
> >

> Thanks - I'm in Cape Town
> It's odd though - it did work, and only after the nvidia drivers were updated (
> and then working properly) did it break.
> The card is connected to  DSTV. Channel 21 works.
> Only tuner type=0 works.
> In originally got it working with that script - findtvcardoptions.sh ( I think
> that's the name).
> The card is definitely compatible.
> The BIOS sets it to IRQ 9. Is there anyway under Linux to change an IRQ setting
> for a PCI card?
> -Dave

The IRQ _shouldn't_ maek a difference anymore, but it seems in this case
it does...  Most BIOS's have an option for which IRQ to allocate to the
AGP slot, ot at least tell you in the setup which one will be.  If you
don't have any options to change it, then you will have to plug the
Bt8x8 car in a different PCI slot.

-justin