Re: I throw myself upon your collective mercies ...

> Try connect a VCR/camera to the composite port, and see if that works.
> If it does, it is the tuner setting - try other type= parameters.  If
> not, then for some reason your card setting is _not_ compatible, in
> which case you would have to start hacking.
>
> If you are in the Pretoria area, I would be glad to help you, otherwise
> just read all the FAQs you can lay your hands on (I seem to remember a
> good one somewhere on www.bytesex.org...

Thanks - I'm in Cape Town
It's odd though - it did work, and only after the nvidia drivers were updated (
and then working properly) did it break.
The card is connected to  DSTV. Channel 21 works.
Only tuner type=0 works.
In originally got it working with that script - findtvcardoptions.sh ( I think
that's the name).
The card is definitely compatible.
The BIOS sets it to IRQ 9. Is there anyway under Linux to change an IRQ setting
for a PCI card?
-Dave