Re: I throw myself upon your collective mercies ...

David Terence Jones wrote:

> > Try add "card=15" as a module option.  The blue screen means the card is
> > working but has no valid input - setting the card type may get the input
> > set up correctly.
> >

> I was under the distinct impression that a blue screen meant that the system
> did not see the card at all?
> any other advice? I did get static once only about two weeks ago ( and then I
> tried to tweak the settings ..... could not replicate it, sigh)

Try connect a VCR/camera to the composite port, and see if that works.
If it does, it is the tuner setting - try other type= parameters.  If
not, then for some reason your card setting is _not_ compatible, in
which case you would have to start hacking.

If you are in the Pretoria area, I would be glad to help you, otherwise
just read all the FAQs you can lay your hands on (I seem to remember a
good one somewhere on www.bytesex.org...

-justin