Re: Re[2]: video NTSC -> PAL and bttv

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 03:03:17PM -0200, Roberto Jung Drebes wrote:
> PAL-M works OK with xawtv, in XFree 3.3.6. In XFree4, I was told that it
> is only supported in the latest XFree version. In prior versions you can
> only select NTSC, which gives a b&w picture, or PAL, which does not
> sync. xawtv in XFree 3 lets you specify which PAL format, and then there
> is the M option. In the latest version of XFree 4 I have not checked yet.

first I thought even NTSC doesn't work, becouse when I start xawtv and I am in
PAL, then I switch to NTSC - picture is broken - only half of it is visible, it
is fixed when I resize window - then I have stable, blackandwhite picture
PAL-M gives me exactly the same effect, bw picture
I read this PDF about bt848 and IIRC color is defined by Fsc value - for PAL
it's 4.43 Mhz and for NTSC it's 3.58, what I need is Fsc=4.43, like in PAL, but
picture should be drawed like in NTSC, combining PAL's and NTSC's tvnorm helps
a little - in 320x240 I can see whole picture, not only 2/3, but when I resize
window - horizontal lines are messed, aren't they to long or to short? but in
next parameter - IFORM - I can't select lenght I can only select format
(NTSC/PAL)
is it a way to select mode on lower level?

--
I love the night  So many shadows
Unholy light