Re: Re[2]: video NTSC -> PAL and bttv

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 01:23:01PM -0700, Trent Piepho wrote:
> Except that won't work.  The color information is still in PAL format.

one question, is that mean, that when I switch to NTSC - picture should be
displayed correctly, except color?

> You
> need to create a custom mode to get the bt848 to understand PAL-60,

yes, I remember thread about it, about year ago, here on
video4linux-mailing-list

> what your VCR is outputting.  As I understand it, PAL-60 uses the same color
> signal at 4.43 Mhz as PAL, but the video timing is the same as NTSC.  This
> makes me think that the bt848 can be programmed to receive this, but maybe
> not.  It could be your bt848 only has a PAL clock, but you need an NTSC clock.

I will try to connect VCR in other way (SVHS input?), I am afraid I can't
modify bttv, becouse I don't know how bt8x8 works

--
When there's lightning
It always bring me down