Re: Interlace(?) problem :(

Don van der Haghen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For the last couple of days I've been doing everything I could think of
> to solve this problem.. Although the solution seems a lot more close
> now, I've not been able to solve the last part. I have spend hours
> looking for a solution on the internet too, so this is a last resort...
> I have also checked this list's history to make sure I wasn't asking the
> same question someone else asked.
>
> I will greatly appreciate all the help I can get, so I hope someone can
> point me in the right direction.
> All tips and hints are welcome!
>
> - The problem:
> The problem is that I'm getting these horizontal colums of lines over my
> screen in full screen mode. When the window is small however, I am
> getting a perfect image.
>
> I have made two screenshots to illustrate the problem:
> fullscreen, with distortions: http://www.techisg.org/~don/tvshot.jpg
> small window, perfect: http://www.techisg.org/~don/tvshot2.jpg

Urrgghh...

Whoever's working on that FAQ, how about adding this one?  This is
definitely a PCI problem, as has already been noted.  The typical
solution is to adjust the PCI latency in the BIOS - this works most of
the time.

If you feel up to a bit of hacking, you can also try find the occurence
of "BT848_GPIO_DMA_CTL_PKTP_32" in bttv-driver.c .  Change the "32" to
"16", or "8" to make teh Bt8x8 more agressive in aquiring PCI bandwidth
- will slow the system down, but get you better video...

Justin