Re: PV951 sound/video out of sync?

Gaven Cohen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've taken a brief look through the archives and haven't found anything like
> this.  I'm using a PV951 with bttv-0.7.67 and linux-2.4.3.  I live in
> Israel, and was told that europe-west worked perfectly here.
>
> Channels show up fine, but either with no/bad audio and lots of static.  If
> I go up around +16 or +23 in xawtv I lose the picture but get perfect sound
> (with a 'blue screen').
>
> For what it's worth, FM is 100% clear.
>
> I've tried various different card drivers, tuner drivers, pal=b,g,i, etc,
> with no luck.
>
> Any ideas?

This is usually the wrong tuner type.  Try the differnt tuner types, as
is explained in the FAQ.  If that still doesn't work, then you may
actually have the wrong tuner for your country.  Try it under Windows
with the shipped driver.  If it still doesn't work, return it to the
store.  Believe it or not this happened to me too, and took me a
loooonng time to figure out it was actually a hardware problem - the
people at the store just would not believe me until their suppliers told
them they shipped the wrong product...

Justin