Re: Video and Matrox Cards

Thanks for this info.

I plan to use the card mostly for video capture... I have a TV already
;-)
The G450 eTV is not a full dual head card, but it has some strange
dual display capabilities ie. Monitor and TV. The G400 Series TV/Editing
card used to have hardware MPEG compression (AFAIK). Did Matrox remove
these from the G450 eTV line? I could not find reference to it.
Fast disks are a limiting factor as I only have UW SCSI HDD (40MB/s).
At this time I am not ready to move to the 160MB/s SCSI standard, or
a Firewire HDD.

> Jon Pennington Wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 10:20:37AM -0600, Peter V Amerl wrote:
>> Matrox G450 eTV card would be a good choice. I would like to be

>> Has anyone tried this card? Does anyone know whether it works
>> and how reliable it might be. Any other suggestions in the same
>> price range?

> I'm pretty sure this card isn't supported by V4L.  To throw in my own
> experience, the G450 DH card is enough of a PITA that I wouldn't recommend
> it to anyone not interested in doing DH graphics work, either.  It needs
> proprietary libraries to work (not a big deal) and does some funny things
> on my own system at home.
Pity!

--
Peter V. Amerl