Re: MaxWidth solved, more on xawtv...

Gerd Knorr wrote:

> > Max Width  : 768
> > Max Height : 480
>
> NTSC
>
> > so my Max Width is back to 768! and guess what -- the images are fine
> > again!!! arrrrrg. so somehow something is making either the card or the
> > driver get confused about what its max size settings are.
>
> > > Max Width  : 924
> > > Max Height : 576
>
> PAL
>
> It depents on the TV norm.

thanks to everyone who responded. it seems that my card defaults to PAL.
i've modified videodog so that you can select the video mode on the
command line and now by setting it to NTSC it works very reliably. i'll
post a patch tomorrow.

that said, i still get no output at all from xawtv. so here's a
question: do videocat/videodog even use the v4l driver? or is there a
lower level interface (videodev) that they use? that might be a stupid
question...but i was assuming that any app that does video must use the
v4l (bttv) driver...but that doesn't seem to be the case for
videodog...so it could be that my RH7.1/2.4.2-2 setup is still having
problems with the bttv driver.

the bttv/radio/etc/ drivers all load without complaint. xawtv runs
without complaint. but it just shows a black screen no matter what i do.
if i try to capture an image i get a "capture not supported" (or
something like that) message...

any ideas?

thanks,
douglas