FW: Oops when rmmoding bttv

Hi,

I have a bt878 card, and I'm running Red Hat 7.1 stock kernel (2.4.3)

I can reproducibly crask the kernel by rmmod'ing the bttv driver. Maybe
not the 1st time, but if I do a look modprobing/rmmoding bttv, Linux
_will_ crash.

The attached are two logs, where I have turned on all debugging in the
bttv and related modules.

what I don't understand is, what is the msp3410, and why is the msp3410
going into auto-detect when the bttv is unloading ?

I'm wanting to sprinkle some more debugging output into the bttv and related
modules, but I'm not sure where to start looking at.

any suggestions ?

-Greg Hosler

"DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and
millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million
machines in use wordwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that
cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do
not denote a higher life form."       (New York Times, November 26, 1991)
| Greg Hosler                           i-net:  hosler@xxxxxxxxxxx    |