Re: no love with bt878/kernel 2.4.2-2

Ragga Muffin wrote:

> douglas irving repetto <douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > videodog6 works fine with this command line:
> >
> > ./videodog6 -x 640 -y 480 -w 3 -i 3 -d /dev/video0 -p > out
> >
> > the images look great. so i'm now convinced that the card/drivers are
> > installed and working.
> >
> > perhaps there are conflicts between xawtv, tvset and the 2.4.2-2 kernel?
>
> Hi there,
>
> To me, it looks more like your problem is with overlay and the xserver then.
> At what bpp does your xserver run ?

i'm running at 24 bpp. i'm not familiar with the overlay setting. do you
mean the Capture: overlay setting in xawtv? i've tried changing it, but
it doesn't seem to matter. is there an overlay setting for X?

> Also, have you tried
> xawtv -bpp 16
> or
> xawtv -bpp 24

yes, with no apparent effect. i still just get a black screen.

yesterday i said that videodog was working fine. well, now it's
half-working. strangely, the information returned by videodog -s -d
/dev/video0 has changed! yesterday it was saying the Max Width was 768
or something around there. today it's saying:

[douglas@stamp2 douglas]$ videodog -s -d /dev/video0

Video Cat tool Version 0.06
Device Name: BT878(Hauppauge new (bt878))
Device: /dev/video
Max Width  : 924
Max Height : 576
Current Settings :

        Input : 0
        Brightness : 32768
        Hue        : 32768
        Colour     : 32512
        Contrast   : 27648

the box that the card came in says that it can do up to 1600x1200...is
924x576 a weird value? what could cause the value to change? many of the
images i'm getting now with videodog have the scan lines messed up, the
image seems to be layed upon itself. so i have a feeling that there's a
problem with the width/height settings. if i grab very small images the
captured image gets better...

could all this be pointing to a bad card?

thanks,
douglas

--
                        douglas irving repetto