Re: tvtime

On Sunday 28 December 2003 15:13, hermann pitton wrote:
>Es schrieb Gene Heskett:

>> >That is finetune, not volume. Use + and - on the numpad to change
>> >volume! Try to change that to the max setting.
>>
>> On this install, the label that pops up when you hit the left and
>> right arrows and bring up a progress bar at the bottom of the
>> screen, which is labeled volume.  Here, the left-right arrows, and
>> the numpads +,- keys act identical.  The slider bar moves just
>> fine, but it has zero actual effect on the volume.
>
>Hi,
>
>and hmmm, what may it be.
>The left and right arrow keys should indeed bring up finetune.
>On most sound chips/cards the mic input is modified, better is to
> use line or cd to start testing. Tvtime has an option
>--mixer=/dev/mixerX:line ... mic,cd or whatever. You can set it in
>tvtime.xml (/usr/local/etc/tvtime?) as default. Tvtime also attempts
> to set the audio volume on the card itself to 95% on startup,
> because some apps seem to set it to zero on exit. You can look for
> that with v4l-info. VIDEOCGAUDIO volume is expected to be 58982.
> And then .tvtime configs have changed again, so in case you have an
> old folder there, you might let tvtime create a new one.
>(As I understand even the released 2.6.0 needs at least the
> 19_videodev patch, if you want to use latest drivers and there may
> be implications using OSS, alsa_oss and btaudio at once.)

The last app to access the card was a reboot, had major power failure
last night and the ups dropped off after about 20 mins.

So this is a fresh powerup reading taken from v4l-info's very verbose
output:
audio
    VIDIOCGAUDIO
        audio                   : 0
        volume                  : 0
        bass                    : 0
        treble                  : 0

Now, fire up tvtime...  No diff, v4l-info still reports the same:
audio
    VIDIOCGAUDIO
        audio                   : 0
        volume                  : 0
        bass                    : 0
        treble                  : 0

As far as tvtime.xml is concerned, the newest one by about a month is
the one in /root/.tvtime/tvtime.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE tvtime PUBLIC "-//tvtime//DTD tvtime 1.0//EN"
"http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/DTD/tvtime1.dtd";>
<tvtime xmlns="http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/DTD/";>
  <option name="DefaultBrightness" value="50"/>
  <option name="DefaultContrast" value="50"/>
  <option name="DefaultColour" value="100"/>
  <option name="DefaultHue" value="50"/>
  <option name="Norm" value="NTSC"/>
  <option name="PrevChannel" value="7"/>
  <option name="Channel" value="48"/>
  <option name="FramerateMode" value="0"/>
  <option name="OverScan" value="3.5"/>
  <option name="CheckForSignal" value="1"/>
  <option name="V4LInput" value="0"/>
  <option name="AudioMode" value="stereo"/>
  <option name="ApplyLumaCorrection" value="1"/>
  <option name="ColourInvert" value="0"/>
  <option name="DeinterlaceMethod" value="TelevisionFull"/>
  <option name="NTSCCableMode" value="IRC"/>
  <option name="Frequencies" value="us-cable"/>
</tvtime>

The only reference to audio can be seen above.  Do I need to add
something?  I've searched thru the menu's, but there is not much
about the audio there.

There is another tvtime.xml, but it appears to be the default source,
listing all the help hints etc that do not seem to have been written
out into the operational file in /root/.tvtime/

Humm, my locate also spit out a manpage, which I have not yet studied,
dumb...

I note that it puts a fairly heavy hit on the cpu, around 35-40%, is
there some option to turn on dma or something to alleviate that?

--
Cheers & have a Happy New year, Herman, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M