Re: tvtime

On Friday 26 December 2003 22:43, Marius Kotsbak wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 04:30:40PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Somebody on this list pointed me at tvtime, which is a whole lot
>> more stable than xawtv.  I like it.
>>
>> But I do have a couple of problems.
>>
>> 1. The audio comes in on the kmix slider labeled microphone and is
>> quite low level, I have to run the volume slider wide open to get
>> decent room volume.  At that point, the kmail newmail notification
>> notifies the neighbors, not a Good Thing(tm).
>>
>> 2.  Its own volume control, via the left-right arrow keys, has no
>> effect.  Niether do any of the volume controls in the kmix bt878
>> submenu.
>
>That is finetune, not volume. Use + and - on the numpad to change
>volume! Try to change that to the max setting.

On this install, the label that pops up when you hit the left and
right arrows and bring up a progress bar at the bottom of the screen,
which is labeled volume.  Here, the left-right arrows, and the
numpads +,- keys act identical.  The slider bar moves just fine, but
it has zero actual effect on the volume.