Re: Re: Recommended kernel patches for video capture

Hi steven,
  If at all any frame dropping occurs, then it is not due to the
driver we use. If you try frame capturing in desktop linux then frame
dropping will occur rather should occur. Because the processor is not
dedicated. If u try this in any embedded device like set-top box or
PVR then you will probably have good result. So I think there will not
be any problem with the patches we apply to the kernel source.

Any comments from others in the group regarding this ?

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 hermann pitton wrote :
>Es schrieb Steven Ellis:
> >
> > Currently running a custom 2.4.20 kernel with various v4l2 patches
for my
> > saa7134 based capture card.
> >
> > Thinking of upgrading as if i'm capturing to full D1 Pal still get
frame
> > drops, and wondered what recommendations people have for kernel
> > releases/patches.
> >
> > My preference is to stick witj 2.4.xx with some low latency kernel
patches
> > for now, but also whats people's opinion on 2.6.0 test?
> >

>Hi Steven,
>
>for 2.4.xx I can recommend the 22 with kraxelpatch-3, for 2.6.0
test11
>with test10-kraxelpatch-2.
>Disable any debugging and profiling if you are out on performance.
Bad
>luck can be to have a piece of hardware, where the decision is not
>already made, what why should be blacklisted for certain
improvements.