Re: Recommended kernel patches for video capture

Es schrieb Steven Ellis:

> Currently running a custom 2.4.20 kernel with various v4l2 patches for my
> saa7134 based capture card.
>
> Thinking of upgrading as if i'm capturing to full D1 Pal still get frame
> drops, and wondered what recommendations people have for kernel
> releases/patches.
>
> My preference is to stick witj 2.4.xx with some low latency kernel patches
> for now, but also whats people's opinion on 2.6.0 test?

Hi Steven,

for 2.4.xx I can recommend the 22 with kraxelpatch-3, for 2.6.0 test11
with test10-kraxelpatch-2.
Disable any debugging and profiling if you are out on performance. Bad
luck can be to have a piece of hardware, where the decision is not
already made, what why should be blacklisted for certain improvements.
If you are set up once for test kernels, new changed builds can be done
within minutes for testing features. Further next improvements are more
to expect from the environment I guess. 2.6.0 is clearly straight on its
way ... nothing to wait for anymore. (the driver seems to like
gcc-3.3.1-x, but 3.2.2 will do it too)

Greetings

Hermann

--