Redhat 9 with Quickcam Express...

Hi there :). I have searched and searched the internet for a good guide to setting up a Logitech Quickcam Express camera to stream data to a browser on a network. I am having my garage redone into a work room, and would like to stream video from it to the computers on my network. My main problem is not knowing where to begin. I had it working a long time ago with Redhat 7.2, but it used xawtv and would only send 1 frame per second, and if I recall, that was by using a Javascript to refresh the image. I have looked into v4l, and it certainly looks promising, but I am not sure if it can stream video to a browser, and as I am on dial up, I want to make sure I download only what I absolutely have to, but right now I don't have a clue :). Again, I just cant find a decent guide, otherwise I would just RTFM :). Thanks in advance for the help.

 KJ

Enjoy MSN 8 patented spam control and more with MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service. Try it FREE for one month! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup