Re: Redhat 9 with Quickcam Express...

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Keith Jones wrote:

>Hi there :).  I have searched and searched the internet for a good guide to
>setting up a Logitech Quickcam Express camera to stream data to a browser on
>a network.  I am having my garage redone into a work room, and would like to

>video to a browser, and as I am on dial up, I want to make sure I download

Does "dial up" mean transfer speeds similar to 38 kbps? If so, you have to
use some application to compress the video very much to get it work
fast enough. ffmpeg probably can do this.

qc-usb distribution has file APPLICATIONS which lists many nice
streaming apps like camserv, but they don't use high compression
so it's probably too slow. I don't know if you can view ffmpeg stream
with browser (with mplayer at least you can do it).