Re: Webcam HOWTO

Tuukka Toivonen wrote:
I skimmed over the HOWTO, and some things... - What is libusb and when it is required? AFAIK no camera requires it. Though I have only tried one...

Ok, you're right, I think I've clarified that section now.

- It would be nice if you'd change the sentence "...Dexxa Webcam and Labtec Webcam are supported by the 'qce-ga' driver found..." into "...Dexxa Webcam and Labtec Webcam are supported by the 'qce-ga' and 'qc-usb' drivers found..." because qc-usb is newer driver that intents to supersede qce-ga.

Fixed.

- It would be nice to list VendorId/ProductId of the supported cameras by each driver, because hardware varies a lot even if the camera name is the same. qc-usb/qce-ga support vendorid 0x046D and productid 0x0840, 0x0850, and 0x0870. (But you do have a link to USB project list here)

AFAIK that information is readily available to the user for USB devices
only, and I'm afraid a catalog of the numbers will lengthen the document
too much and will be too much information for the average user. The
topic is covered in the troubleshooting section for those who need help.

- Mplayer might be worthy program to mention in the applications section.

I think we need to limit the document to applications to access the
device; mplayer is already well-known and IMHO superfluous to the scope of
this doc.

Thanks!
hs