Re: TV Card Capture or VCR to Capture Card

On Fri, 9 Oct 2003, Alexandre Strube wrote:

>> Im wondering which option tends to obtain the best quality capture:
>> Option 1: Use a TV Tuner card to capture direct from cable signal or
>> VCR Playback to the hd of the system.

Both yield poor quality (at least for me). TV tuner card causes much noise
into signal since the weak antenna/cable signal goes all the way inside
noisy computer, and VHS tape quality is very poor.

>> Option 2: Use a VCR for the cable tuner and use a composite to fire
>> wire to the fire wire card in my computer.

This should be better. I'm using VCR for tuning, and connecting it to the
TV card via composite input. But it depends on signal strength, if
it's good, there isn't much difference.
I guess cable gives much better signal than antenna.